Grants and Donations
Throughout the year the town council has awarded a number of grants to community groups. A Community Grant is a sum of money that the town council allocates to a local community group to help them take steps to improve the area in some way - perhaps to support a specific group of people, or the wider community. You can seek funding to help with the purchase of equipment, rental fees, telephone charges etc.
Some grants and donations made in 2015 include:-
- Dinnington Comprehensive School: £100 towards awards evening and £50 towards new equipment for new learning centre
- Rotherham Holiday Aid: £100 to support Dinnington children
- British Legion: £300 for Dinnington Festival of Remembrance
- Rotherham IYSS Holocaust Memorial Project: £200 to support Dinnington children
- Dinnington Town Junior FC U14s: £100 for new equipment
- Dinnington Town FC 2014: £135 for new equipment
- 1325 Dinnington Squadron RAF Air Training Corps: £550 for camping equipment
- Dinnington Carnival: £500 to support the event
- Dinnington Childrens Centre: £100 to support summer excursions
Who can apply?
Applications can be made by groups and organisations who reside or work within the Dinnington St John's electoral ward.
Download an application form: Apply now
Read more about grants, concessions and donations.
A donation may be awarded when the council feels it cannot offer the amount requested as a grant, but would still like to contribute to the cause. A maximum grant of £100 is allowed for each applicant only.